Sunday, September 8, 2013

Aiming for Accuracy Quilt-along Blocks

I realized I had not posted lesson 9 as I had planned, so here are the past 3 weeks of lessons.
In the photo below, the lower row of blocks are for lesson 11. They are attached to a block from a previous lesson. My points are all pretty precise--exactly what we are after in this project.
 
 
 I have learned a few things while working on these lessons: 1) to use 50 wt. or finer thread for piecing--helps keep seams the proper width; 2) to use the June Tailor half square/quarter square triangle ruler when sizing the squares after sewing--what a help!! I'm glad I bought one; it is worth every penny.
 
The block below is lesson 10. The photo turned sideways for some reason. Not sure why that happens...

 
This one is lesson 9. Again, it is supposed to be vertical. I expect you can tell I am using browns, golds, greens, and aquas with yellow as my contrasting color. I love these colors together.
 
 
I'm feeling the need for a quilting retreat! I hope my quilting buddies and I can arrange one next month. At least we can go in mid-week now that I am retired. Yippee!

1 comment:

  1. These are beautiful, Carol. I can't wait to see the whole quilt.

    ReplyDelete