Friday, August 1, 2014

Remembrance

It seems appropriate to show some photos of the quilt my mother made--in honor of her life on this earth.
Mom started this quilt in the late 1930s before she was married. Sometime after her 1943 marriage, she finished it (maybe the late 50s or early 60s).
 
 
It is displayed on our king-size bed in this photo. 


She had the women of the Cedar Rapids Church of the Brethren quilt it.
I have some recollection of her placing on her bed after it was finished. It is a beauty.
The applique is entirely hand done.
 

 
I have her pattern and some scraps of the fabric. She got the pattern from Minnie Slead, mother of Mom's best friend Mary Ellen.
Mom's work on this quilt is well-done, just as she lived her life, "for the glory of God and her neighbor's good."

2 comments:

  1. What a special quilt and tribute! Priceless heirloom for sure :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this quilt, Carol. Please show it to me sometime when I am there. It is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete