I made 2 sets of placemats for our daughters: the first picture is one of the set for Sarah (photo is sideways--forget to fix it) and the 2nd shows part the set for Natalie. It was a table runner pattern that I used half of to make placemats. I just quilted over the seams with gold decorative stitching.
Sarah sent this photo of Hailey in her bed with the new quilt I made for her and the matching pillow. I think she likes the quilt. :)
This is the Delightful Stars quilt, all done. It is laying on our king size bed on top of the king size quilt I made several years ago. I had to take a photo from the side in order to show the borders.
I used my home machine to do all the quilting and really had a wrestling match with the thing (the quilt, I mean). Per Michele's (of Quilting Gallery, the designer) project, I quilted straight parallel lines all the way across, at a 30 degree angle to the patchwork. I elected to quilt all one direction and not go back across. Despite plenty of mistakes, the overall effect is a good one, if I do say so myself.
However, I will NEVER (repeat NEVER) quilt an entire large quilt top like this on my home machine again. I did our king size quilt in 3 sections--much easier to manage.
Here is the label on the back. I decided to give it to my sister-in-law and her husband in honor of their 45th wedding anniversary and she told me she would love it. We will be taking it to them later this month. Since I just finished it this month, I attached another small label, saying that it was finished in January, 2015.
Last night I aligned some fabric in order to start on a One Block Wonder quilt. It will be a small quilt and I don't know if I chose the best fabric, but I wanted to try one (have wanted to do so for at least a couple of years). This will be a test. I have it ready to cut strips and then triangles to sew into hexagons. Exciting!! I'll try to post photos when it's done.