Sunday, July 24, 2016

Finished quilt tops


I finished this top for a Vortex quilt soon after the American Quilt Expo in Des Moines in late May. I took a class on this design from Debbie Kratovil there. Loved it! The vortex in the center doesn't look like it, but it is a dresden plate--the tips of every other blade are white and don't show on the white background--tricky, huh? :) I really like the colors. Will quilt it someday...


I finished my top from the Repeat QAL, led by Patty of Elm Street Quilts. I used some basic colors for the words and the same green from the vortex quilt for the star and middle border. I'll get after quilting this one one of these days too... Now I've started on a baby quilt for my nephew and niece's baby due in November--that takes priority at this point.


Traded my Janome 8900 up for the 9400. Now that I've figured out some kinks, I love the new machine. Still have to figure out a lot of technical details, but that will come. Love the way it sews!!

No comments:

Post a Comment