Thursday, August 25, 2016

Washington

While here in Washington (the state, not D.C) to help out my brother and sister-in-law after her major back surgery, I have made a flock of new chicken pincushions,


a placemat using a pattern from Aunties Two (using part of a jellyroll and fusible batting strips from Bosal--very time consuming, by the way),


mended, including a new invisible zipper in my niece's dress--ye gads, I haven't put in an invisible zipper for at least 25 years!,


and finished some Triangle Frenzy table runners. The sunflower one will remain on this table in Washington.


In between some sewing times, we got to listen to old-timey music, here in my brother's "tune room" with 2 of their friends,


and at the Centralia Campout with lots of other friends. Other visitors also graced us with music in the tune room. My brother doesn't miss much opportunity to play his banjo, and I even got some dulcimer pointers from Susan, pictured just below.



The best part of the trip is seeing my sister-in-law able to be up and about, and especially seeing her get to take a short stroll in the yard on my brother's arm. Woohoo! She still has a LONG recovery to be back to normal, but she has taken great strides so far--in more ways than one. :)




No comments:

Post a Comment