Monday, September 5, 2016

Pincushions


All these pincushions are from She Who Sews fabric for the Joy Studio pincushion challenge. I had one more chicken but gave her away to Marie Sharma in WA. Marie is a quilter too and good friend of my brother and sister-in-law. The Dresden plate pincushion is from this summer's issue of Quilts and More. It's supposed to be rainbow colors, but I like this composition just as well.


I was SEW close to having these two little things done that I stopped what I was doing (a Fold 'n' Stitch wreath) and finished them up. These are both from Merry's Stitchins in Jesup, IA. Merry's is featured in this fall's Quilt Sampler magazine. I don't know if I had any influence on the magazine editors, but I had emailed them twice that they should feature this shop. I love it! Merry's daughter creates the Patch Abilities, Inc. patterns that are so darn cute. Anyway, on the left is a wool pincushion and on the right a small poppy wall hanging.


It was past time to take care of my barn quilt. Even though it really needs to be repainted, I just removed enough bubbly background paint so that it won't peel (I hope) and then put 4 new coats of urethane on it, lightly sanding between each coat. It won't hold up to close inspection, but it doesn't need that. In 3 or 4 years, I will either have to repaint it or buy a new one. We should be able to rehang it tonight or in the morning.


Today is daughter Sarah's 39th birthday!! Hope it's a good one for her. She was born on Labor Day too. :)

In 2 weeks, the Bag It 2016 starts with Patty of Elm Street Quilts. Hope to make several bags this time since I didn't participate in the 2015 one.

No comments:

Post a Comment