Monday, October 15, 2018

Catching up

I FINALLY fiinshed my "inherited" quilt--7 blocks were done. I embroidered the rest, looked for fabric, created patterns from pictures and already finished blocks, quilted each block, then put them all together. One fantastic quilter, Barbara, from NY, sent me another center so I could have 16 embroidered blocks instead of 15. Realized a border would be best so quilted it and put it on. Only 3.5 years for my on-again-off-again project. My research led me to find out this was a Thimbleberries BOM in 2006, Vintage Stitches. Couldn't find all those old fabrics 4 years ago but found several. Love this one--it stays here with me.


I refurbished my Featherweight case while the machine is gone, getting a check-up. I think it looks pretty good. (Okay, I see I already posted it, but, what the heck, look at it again--I'm pretty proud of this one.) Can't wait to get my machine back now. AND I just bought another one--white this time--so am eager to receive it.



Carla's blog hop will be here before we know it:


Pick a Pumpkin Blog Hop Schedule


No comments:

Post a Comment