Sunday, September 22, 2019

Jelly Roll Day--Not!

I knew yesterday was National Jelly Roll Day, but when I sat down to my machine, I was on a mission: to quilt this wall hanging for Denice, our quilter friend who moved away from our midst. I quilted flowers here and there over the surface and quilted around each heart.


Then I quilted loops in the borders. I had never tried that before, but I think it was simple and effective. Now I need to label and bind it, and it will be ready to go to Denice when Jo visits her next month.


My next quilting project is "Oh, My Stars," a pattern from Pat Sloan. It is now sandwiched and ready to put under my needle, as soon as I figure out how I want to quilt it.


I have spent a lot of time at my husband's 50th HS class reunion this weekend, and we're not done yet. They are gathering yet today. It has been fun. (I know most of them from living here for 45 years now, but I met a few new ones.)


No comments:

Post a Comment