Tuesday, November 5, 2019

Some finishes


Somebody please tell me where time goes! It's been over a month since I posted???

The below wall hanging is one I made for our District of Illinois & Wisconsin Church of the Brethren Conference. I made something every year, usually a wall hanging to be auctioned off. After much struggle with design, I finally figured out how to put together pieces of this panel and some lovely matching fabric that, amazingly, I had in my stash. This would be great on a door, about 22 x 55".
I was pleased that it sold for $285 and even more pleased that it was bought to give to our Moderator.

The October lesson I gave for our Cerro Gordo Quilters was a Christmas stocking. I tried one with pre-quilted fabric (the one on the left), but I don't like it at all. Maybe if I used 2 layers of that fabric, it would be ok. The 2nd one I made longer and used a fuzzy lining, not minky, but soft. I also used fusible fleece on the outer fabric to give the stocking more substance. The pattern had not called for any batting I forgot to quilt the stocking, but it looks ok anyway.


I was hoping to put on a picture of the owls I made, but that picture on my phone did not show up for me to post. That means another post after it does...
In the meantime, Kathy, Jo, and I did a shop hop a few weeks ago, covering 7 shops in a day. This photo op was at one of the shops. The theme was Quiltstock, so a lot of peace and love, in honor of the 50th anniversary of Woodstock. Kathy and i are in this pic.

Happy Sewing!

No comments:

Post a Comment