Sunday, December 13, 2020

I didn't look at my old posts but I don't think I've shared this one.
It's Bertie's Spring by Bonnie Sullivan. I hand appliqued it all and then decided I should hand quilt it.
So funny! I am NOT a hand quilter!!!!
I did long stitches around each figure and in the triangles. At first I put it in a quilting hoop and worked on it, but I found it to be very cumbersome and slow. I ended up pinning it closely and then I was able to hold it in my lap and work on it that way--sew much faster!
Next on my Bonnie Sullivan list is Here a Chick, There a Chick--all the blocks are appliqued and ready to be put together. Guess I'll hand quilt that one too...???


This is a Maywood Studio Pod kit. All the pieces were precut which made it easy to put together. I have to confess that when I saw the picture on the website, I thought it was a Christmas runner, but it is fall. I love fall, so that is okay.


Carol at Just Let Me Quilt is hosting another hop:


My day is January 20.
Check this one out!
 

1 comment:

  1. I haven't hand quilted in years, but it is such a relaxing thing to do. Your projects are so beautiful! Fall is close to Christmas so that runner is perfectly lovely.

    ReplyDelete