I have 3 projects using my Crafter's Edge Crossover II and dies.
The first one is this wall hanging, using parts of a panel. There are scriptures on each part and the outer border has the scripture from Ecclesiastes 3--for everything there is a season...a time to live, etc.
Here is my Crossover II, ready to cut the 1 1/2" strips. The short ends of the die do not cut so after cutting that first part, I just slid the die down to cut the rest.
These are the 3 dies I used in this wall hanging:
the 1 1/2" strips (inner border)
the 5" square (outer corners)
the butterflies (you see where they are)
Here are some of the butterflies cut out. I "boo-booed" because I forgot to put fusible web on the fabric before cutting it, but it worked out ok after I spray basted them to the wall hanging before appliqueing.
My next project is a table runner using the Tea Time dies and the Posey Flowers Set 4 leaves.
I also used the 1 1/2" strip die.
Here are the dies. It looks to me like these posies are better used with wool, so I am saving the flowers for another project. The leaves worked out well with this one.
Here is my finished table runner. It looks very dainty to me. I love the colors, even though I don't use them in my house.
I used the steam idea (coming out of the cups) from the suggested project that came with the Tea Time dies. My steam is hand embroidered. The quilting is stitch in the ditch for the sashing and inner border, meandering in the blocks, and Hosta leaves in the outer border.
Next up: a small wall hanging, about 12" square, based on Connie Kresin Campbell's pattern Chinese Forget Me Not. Connie does the Freemotion by the River blog.
I used the dogwood dies and the hexagon dies.
Here are some dogwood blossoms cut out, ready to iron on.
First, I got my background together, using 2 light colored fabrics. I cut hexagons and then cut them in half.
After stitching 3 together for a row, I originally thought I would put them back together as hexagons, but changed my mind and decided to have the rows all the same way up.
Once the background was done, I cut 1/4" bias strips for the tree branches, ironed them onto the background and then ironed on the blossoms. I sandwiched the little quilt, and after that I appliqued the shapes using a machine blanket stitch. This served as my quilting.
Then I put the pink binding on it.
Next I put French knots in the center of each blossom and decided some green leaves cut with the Posey Set 4 small leaf would look good and add a touch of color. After appliqueing them, my little wall hanging was done.
Thanks, Crafter's Edge for allowing me to be on the 2021 Design Team!
It has been inspiring to work with the Crossover machine and the dies and to work with 9 other extremely talented individuals!