Who would have thought farmers would be picking corn already? It has dried down a lot, however, so harvest is inevitable. The picture below is in our field. Allen has all red equipment (Case IH, I think.).
This photo below is across the road from us. He uses the green stuff--we all know John Deere.
I've been keeping up with Pat Sloan's Merry and Bright QAL. This is block #6 from last week. A new one comes out today. I'm using Snow Much Fun fabric. It's going to be a pretty quilt, I do believe.
And these are 4 of the 9 setting blocks I have finished. Need 18 all together. The rest are cut out, ready to stitch. The other 5 I have done are red instead of turquoise.
At our last Sew Day, several of our quilt group made zippered bags from candy bags. Missouri Star has a youtube tutorial on them.
Here are some sneak peaks of my Pick a Pumpkin blog hop project. It's all done, but I can't show it until my day in November. 😉
Yesterday I finished a new banner for church. In the photo it's hanging from our loft rail--I'll get it up at church before Sunday. This was our district conference theme in 2016, and I asked Debbie Noffsinger, the designer, if I could make a banner from the design. She was gracious enough to give me permission. Our congregation is hosting conference this year (Nov 2&3); my goal was to have it done in time for that. I think I made it! It's 44" x 84".
I'm also working on the Missouri Star binding tool star quilt. I have several blocks finished--maybe 10--with 6 more to go and then the borders will need to be done. Once in a while I get inspired to do some work on my Thimbleberries quilt. I hope to get it done before the year is out.
Never lack for projects, that's for sure!