Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Finished Sunset Runner

 
Good morning! First I have to show off my newly-bloomed orchid.
This orchid started budding again, right after it lost its last bloom.
What a treat!

 
This is a photo of the 2nd Sunset Runner I made. The pattern is from Fons and Porter's Love of Quilting and uses Over the Rainbow batiks from Moda. I had to tear out quilting 2 different times--
not something I care to repeat very often.

 
Here's a closer view of the quilting. It is totally free motion.
The borders are supposed to look kind of like blocks or a stone wall effect.
I really like the way it turned out.
Now I need to find a place to display it



1 comment:

  1. Beautiful, Carol. I have mine done, also. I'll try to get it posted on my blog as I am planning on giving it away this weekend. I used free motion quilting to put leaves in the borders. I like the effect.

    ReplyDelete