Saturday, May 4, 2013


 
Here is my finished block for our Church of the Brethren Annual Conference this summer. They ask congregations to send in quilt blocks and the women in charge piece several wall hangings with these blocks and the conference theme and logo in the center. I made violets since they are the state flower of Illinois. They are machine appliqued with hand embroidery added.
 
 
Below is a project I am working on for a Craftsy class I am doing. It's called Stupendous Stitching. First I couched some satin cord and yarn onto the fabric and then I did several rows of decorative stitching. Right now I am adding hand embroidery and I will take a photo when I finish. I am also FMQ a braid quilt. I'll put a photo on when it's done.
 
 

1 comment:

  1. Hi Carol!
    You won a mug mat on my blog giveaway! Could you please email me with your address, etc so I can mail it to you next week?
    lesquilts@gmail.com
    Thanks, Leslie

    ReplyDelete