Sunday, September 29, 2013

Some finished creations

 
One of my teacher friends, Natalie Stocks, turned 40 on Wednesday. Tuesday afternoon I decided I had better make a little wall hanging for her. I have previously made her a snowman one and a tulip one--she needed one for this season of the year. Found a pumpkin pattern in a table runner book, altered it to suit my desires, and made this little hanging. She loved it.
 
 
I don't remember if I've shared the Fox Around St. Louis quilt I made for Natalie and Todd. I put a sleeve on the back of it so they can hang it in their St. Louis home. I gave it to them the weekend of Sept. 14.

 
This braid quilt had been sandwiched and the quilting begun before I laid it aside to work on other projects (St. Louis quilt and others). Rosie taught us the braid technique in quilt club (February of this year?). I finished quilting it a week or so ago. The squiggly FMQ on the braids in rainbow colors, FMQ in the pink that echoes the braid pattern, and then the walking foot on the borders in straight parallel lines. I really like the way it turned out. Now I'm trying to catch up on the Craftsy 2013 block of the month, ready for the July block!


1 comment:

  1. Your wall hanging is beautiful! Such a great gift...lucky friend!

    ReplyDelete