Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Christmas projects are underway

 
Thanksgiving was fantastic!!! with lots of family (could have been more) around, lots of visiting, games, walks, some shopping, and FOOD! Oh, my goodness! I treasure times with family--love Thanksgiving!
 
I've been getting ready for Christmas by making a number of presents. My list is prioritized by when each project needs to be finished. Here is one that will be given away tonight at our women's fellowship Christmas meeting and potluck. Many of us have prayer partners and tonight is the big revealing of who our partners have been during 2013. My prayer partner is going to receive this table runner. The pattern is "Copper Pennies" from the Loose Change book. This design used charms and mini-charms--so pretty!
 
 
 
Several other things are finished, but I have enough other things to make that I should be busy up until Christmas.
More postings to follow in coming days about my projects.
I hope all of you enjoy sewing and quilting and getting ready for Christmas and the excitement that goes with it.

2 comments:

  1. I really love the way you finished this table runner. It is so beautiful--one lucky prayer partner. I have about 25 new batiks from Jani. Luke's will be here the 1st through the 7th. Then, we need to get together and look at all of our batiks. I have some large pieces here. I still don't know what I want to use as a background.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our batik exchange will be fun--looking forward to it. I need to do something with all the leftover copper penny squares now--did use 2 to make a Christmas-y pin cushion to keep on the coffee table during the season. Maybe a long, skinny runner...

      Delete