Thursday, January 16, 2014

It's finished!

 
After I took the Christmas decorations down, I decided to hang some of the old quilts I have. Our loft makes a perfect display area. I particularly love the log cabin quilt.
Unfortunately, we don't know who made any of these. We suspect it may have been my husband's grandmother Lula Worrall Kussart, but none of her grandchildren remember seeing her quilt--she knitted all the time. It could have been her mother Eva Miller Worrall, but we don't know. Very unfortunate! The people who would know are dead.
Lesson: Sign your quilts!
 
 
Below is the label I made on my machine for my newly finished quilt. I spent last week machine quilting it on my home sewing machine. It is twin-size. After experimenting with some FMQ in the ditches on 3 blocks, I tore that all out and stuck with the walking foot for the whole thing.
I wanted all straight line since it seemed appropriate for this quilt. In some of the more open areas, I quilted straight lines, triangles and even squares.

 
It's hard to see the quilting, and the view is somewhat skewed since I had to take the picture from our loft. I like the brown binding. It pulls out the brown in the quilt.
This quilt was a great learning experience-thanks Michele Foster!

 
Now I'm ready to begin on Michele's new Aiming for Accuracy quilt--Delightful Stars!
 

1 comment: