Saturday, July 16, 2016

Some odds and ends


Before I forget, Patty from Elm Street Quilts http://www.elmstreetquilts.com/p/bag-it.html
is having a quilt along in the fall--Bag It II. I didn't participate last year but plan to this time. Check it out.

Below are my letters so far for Patty's current QAL, Repeat. I am behind because of grandchildren coming to play and travel. Several have the whole top done already. It will say, "quilt, eat, sleep, repeat."


One reason I couldn't sew was because of our Church of the Brethren Annual Conference. Many congregations send quilt blocks (the one I made for our congregation in Cerro Gordo is in the purple wall hanging on the left--the violets in the center of the 2nd row) to be made into wall hangings and quilted at Conference. Then an auction takes place--the money goes to special causes--this year the Nigeria Crisis Fund. We purchased the purple one--love it!

Granddaughter Amelia turned 3 and is wrapped in the birthday quilt I made for her.
You can see it better in the 2nd photo. Dancing Colors on Moda Bake Shop. The fabrics are designed by Sandy Gervais. Love her fabrics and love this quilt design.



Time for me to start watching an instructional DVD about my new Janome 9400!! Don't have a clue how to use it yet--much different than my 8900. Unpacked it from its box last night. Exciting times!!

No comments:

Post a Comment