All quilted--wow, did that give me fits. I decided to put feathers in each of the background spaces, and that was good practice for me since I hadn't done freehand feathers before. However, my thread broke MANY times, especially when I was stitching the spines. I decided it had to be the fabric since I had changed needles, worked on tension, etc., etc. This shot is taken from our loft.
I had better luck on the color spaces, but my original intention for quilting--echoing the parallelogram--just was too much trouble and I would never finish by Thursday, the day I need to give this to one of my daughters. So, I did the loops, hearts, and stars--quick and easy.
Here's a closer look, with the toe of my shoe included. In one yellow corner I wrote "Natalie & Todd" in the quilting and in another corner I wrote "2016" and my name. I also put a label on the back, just to be sure there was one. This is Missouri Star Quilt Company's Starburst design and was in Block magazine this year--issue 4, I think. It uses 10 inch squares--sew around the 4 outside edges and then cut apart on the 2 diagonals to get 4 half square triangle blocks. I made it bigger than the original, so I think I used 36 10" squares from the pack I bought, and then I cut my own 10" squares from my background fabric out of my stash. The binding is from a leftover jellyroll of yellow that I had.
Post a Comment