Friday, March 23, 2018

Blog Hop Coming Soon

Whew, time goes SEW quickly--how can I have let more than a month go by without posting?

First of all, the Blog Hop hosted by Carla of Creatin' in the Sticks, 30 Blocks in 30 Days, begins April 1, and I will be the featured blogger on April 8. Stay tuned for that project.

 I have a bunch of things in progress, but no "finishes" for awhile.
The one below is a 3 Dudes Quilt, done Man Sewing Style with the black inserted between 2 1/2" strips. I love the colors. Got the top put together at our quilt retreat at the beginning of March (more on that later). The blocks had been finished for a year.

We spent a weekend at our daughter's in St. Louis a few weeks ago.
 Below is Amelia (right front) waiting her turn for a balloon person. This is her friend's birthday party.

Here is Amelia's little sister Camella playing in a car at the party.


A friend asked me to quilt this for her--so I did. She was going to finish it with a self-binding. It's a lap quilt or even wall-hanging.


Here are some of the projects done at our quilt retreat at Threads of Time, Danville, IL.
I had the blocks for the pink quilt all done and finally got the top put together there. Betty Sue did the 2 wall hangings on the left.


The Hunter Star is mine--blocks mostly done (all done before retreat was over), and the bunny placemats were done by Michelle. The Hunter Star was a lesson at our Cerro Gordo Quilters meeting. It is done the Missouri Star Quilt Company way, and I used a charm pack I had plus some matching fat quarters and 6" strips, so there is quite a color variation. Still pretty, but a 2-color one is more stunning, I think.


I also finished the yellow quilt top below. Kathy did the 2 flower wall hangings. The yellow top is a pattern and charm pack from Fat Quarter Shop's Sew Sampler one month in 2017.


So, I did get several tops down--now I have to quilt them all!
Below are photos of some of us at our retreat. 
Sometimes there were "phone" wars to get silly pictures of each other.


Sometimes we really worked.



Here we all are. SEW much fun! Threads of Time is a great place to have a retreat! 
We love it there!


Don't forget to follow along beginning April 1. I'll post the schedule before then.

No comments:

Post a Comment