Wednesday, April 24, 2019

Log Cabin Finish

I really have been working of a bunch of stuff but sometimes real life takes priority.
We spent Easter at daughter Natalie's. Daughter Sarah and family came too so we had all 5 grandkids with us (and their parents too). This is Easter morning.

I made jewelry travel bags for the older 2 granddaughters since they both had their ears pierced several months ago. 

I made a block for our congregation for our Church of the Brethren Annual Conference this summer.
Several wall hanging tops will be piece from donated blocks prior to conference and hand quilted at conference. They will be auctioned off at the end of the conference. 

My big finish this month is my log cabin quilt--the one for which my aunt Harriette and cousin Lynette and I make all the blocks 4 about 4 1/2 years ago. I've had it put together for a long time, even cut out the appliques with my Go! Baby after I decided I wanted to applique in the light parts, but couldn't get motivated to finish until I went to the International Quilt Fest near Chicago.
Here's the center with appliques ironed on.

Whole thing on my design wall (which is a flannel sheet tacked to the wall at the top). 

AND... quilted! I used my quilting to tack down the appliques so I didn't have to stitch around each flower, leave, stem... 

Since I had 2 extra blocks, one became my label. I'm not sure why the picture decided to turn upside down... 

Our quilt group has to say good-bye to one of our members who is moving away from us so we got a couple pictures of most of our bunch. 

Lastly I made a small wall hanging to donate to Parables Community, one of our new congregations in Lombard, IL. They have a fundraiser each year (3rd anniversary this time) and this is my 2nd year making something for them. This is hand quilted with a long stitch and I added beads to the wavy blue line for some bling. 

Guess I could have cropped some of these photos, but you get the idea anyway...

1 comment:

  1. You do have your hands into a lot of things and I loooovvveee that quilt...so amazing!!

    ReplyDelete