Tuesday, December 1, 2020

Virtual Cookie Hop


It's my turn today and I want to share with you my peanut butter meltaways. They are actually a friend's recipe, but she won't mind if I share it.
10 oz of chocolate melting wafers -- I prefer Ghirardeli dark chocolate
10 oz of white (vanilla) melting wafers
15 oz jar peanut butter--I use creamy.

Prepare a gallon ziplock bag in a 4 cup measuring cup (you see it on the right).


Line mini muffin cups with mini cupcake papers (this will make at least 48 candies).


Melt wafers in the microwave at 50% power, stirring every minute or so. 
When melted, add the peanut butter and MW for another minute or so.



Pour mix into gallon ziplock bag and seal.


Cut no more than 1/2 inch out of the bottom corner of the bag and squirt chocolate mixture into the prepared liners. Shake the tray gently to smooth out the top. 
Let them set for several hours and then they are ready to eat!


These will melt in your mouth!


I made a batch of these Golden Orange Cookies from the 2018 Hop--they are SO good, especially with a cup of hot tea. Tracy at It's a T-Sweets Day shared the recipe.
The plate is on a placemat I made (8 of them actually) and behind it is a little triple "thing" I made a few weeks ago.


This Mini Charming Christmas is a free pattern from the Fat Quarter Shop.


Hope you enjoy the Hop!
Thanks to Carol at Just Let Me Quilt for hosting!

Here are the rest of the hoppers!

December 1




 

30 comments:

  1. Peanut butter and chocolate - never wrong and this recipe looks amazing. I love your little triple thing (love your description). I wanted to make that tree from Fat Quarter Shop - I love your color way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh those candies look so good, I'm going to be making them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a weakness for anything chocolate and peanut butter, so this is on my growing list of things to make. They sound delicious! The place mat and tree are such perfect Christmas decor...beautiful! Thank you, Carol, for being a part of this hop and my blogging life. xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Virtual Christmas Cookie Exchange, Carol! Your quilts are very pretty. That cute tree quilt has been on my to do list. Thank you for the yummy looking recipe. I love chocolate and peanut butter. May you and yours have a safe and happy holiday season ... <3 Pat

    ReplyDelete
  5. They look like Reeces peanut butter cups almost! Yummy. What fun stitching you have done and so festive.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These look divine and easy! Putting this in my recipe folder for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks so much for sharing, they look delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  8. My son-in-law would love those candies. I may have to make some and mail them to him this year. I love the mini-Christmas tree quilt and that place mat is so cheerful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Look wonderful and not hard to make! Thanks for sharing the recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Merry Christmas! Thank you for sharing your recipes today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sharon! I hope you enjoy making some of the goodies on this hop!

      Delete
  11. Thank you for sharing your recipe; peanut butter and chocolate are required for any special occasion. Love the quilty projects. Thank you for sharing the inspiration and links. 😉

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Carol! Your chocolate and peanut butter lovers will love these.

      Delete
  12. Hi,
    Sounds so yummy and easy. Love the Christmas
    Tree topper...so pretty. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh yum - the cookies look so tasty! I have that tree pattern, but haven't made it yet!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely Mini Charm Christmas Tree, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Beatrice! It's fairly easy to make--I recommend it for some quick holiday decor.

      Delete
  15. Your tree is so fantastically festive. Your chocolatey treats looks so yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I saw that pattern on Fat Quarter Shop. It looks so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Those sound amazing, easy and wonderful!! Thanks for sharing! And your mini charm tree is so cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. The candy looks delicious! Will for sure make these! Love the fabric on your placemat. Very cute! Thanks for sharing the tree pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Carol! My Aunt Sandy use to make those peanut butter meltaways and they are fabulous. You have made the whole process nice and easy - no mess to clean up! I love it. Those Golden Orange cookies look yummy, too. I think I have saved the recipe - or I know where to get it, for sure. Thanks for sharing. ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  20. Yes, the hop is such fun and all the delicious treats are right up my alley. Chocolate and peanut butter...a perfect meld of flavors so I know this will be a keeper recipe. LOVE your idea of putting the mixture into a ziploc bag to help in filling the little tart cups.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thank you for sharing that delicious sounding recipe. Your placemat and mini quilts behind it are very festive.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Yum yum! I will have to try those peanut butter meltaways! I love the faith, love and hope banners :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  23. Mmm yummy and another recipe I've got to make. Love your festive setting for the photoshoot.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wow that recipe couldn't be easier especially for a gal like me who doesn't bake well. Love the baggie as a filler. Your quilted pieces are a great start to the holiday celebrations.

    ReplyDelete
  25. mmmmm - I love Peanut Butter Cups so I know I'll like these too. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete