Monday, January 25, 2021

Other projects

You know how you come across one of the "squirrel" projects--and you have to do it right now?
That's what this heart pillow cover is. While the Hearts on Fire blog hop was going on, I saw this project--whether it was on the blog hop or another blog I follow, I'm not sure...
Anyway, I already had the pattern from a year or so earlier--had to do it! I used scraps for the heart pieces. This is a cover for a throw pillow that usually sits on my couch.
The pattern is called "Bursting Heart Pillow" and it's by Blue Susan Makes. She was inspired by a pattern by Amy Butler. Anyway, I'm pleased with the way it turned out.


I don't know why this photo decided it had to be on the left side of the page, but this is my Here a Chick, There a Chick, pattern by Bonnie Sullivan. It's flannel. I hand-appliqued the blocks and then put them together with the red sashing instead of the half square triangles the pattern called for. I used the black polka dotted flannel for the back and the binding. Oh, and I hand quilted with a long stitch around all the shapes and in the ditches.

 

Here's a close up of one of the blocks.


And another.


This is the 2nd Bonnie Sullivan wall hanging I've done. Bertie's spring was the other. I also have the kit for a summer one. That one may wait a while. There are other things on my plate right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment