Thursday, April 22, 2021

Some "Little Somethings"

 

These cute little flower pincushions are made from one of the Crafter's Edge flower dies. When Julia at Inflorescence Designs made donuts with her flowers, I knew it was time to get after mine.
I got these flower dies with the express purpose of making wool pincushions--I like hand appliqueing with wool. It makes a nice project when watching tv or traveling. 
Julia just motivated me to get them done a little sooner than I had planned. Hee, hee!
They are stuffed with polyester fiber fill since that is much easier to deal with than crushed walnut shells, and the fiber fill won't leak through my stitches either, as I was afraid the walnut shells would.
I have cut out several more to work on. The leaves I cut out freehand.

Next, I want to show you my April blocks for Hagatha's House, the BOM quilt that Carol at Just Let Me Quilt and Joan at Moosestach Quilting designed. Their facebook page Cackling Stitches is home for these highjinks.


This is the first block of the quilt: a center medallion. 


I hope to keep up with these blocks and have a Halloween quilt when I am done. I have lots of wall hangings but no quilt-size quilt.
Thanks, Carol and Joan, for such a cool quilt!



No comments:

Post a Comment