Wednesday, November 17, 2021

No Ring--My Turn

 

This is my day to share on the No Rings hop hosted by Carla of Creatin' in the Sticks.
We've seen some fantastic mug rugs!! I've certainly enjoyed--and been awed by--all that I have seen.

I took the easy way out this time. 😀
I had used part of a panel for another project and had several small parts left. 
"What perfect mug rugs these will make!" I said to myself. (I hope others of you talk to yourself while sewing--don't make me feel all alone in this!)
Sew, gathering some scraps from other projects for the borders, I put together these 3 mug rugs.

I love fall colors and these look great (if I do say so myself) on my oak table and/or anywhere else during this fall season.


For those who like to see FMQ, I used a variegated Madiera Aeroquilt thread that I have used for several years, color 9600, 40 wt. The colors in it are perfect for fall.
I did a leaf and loop FMQ for the pumpkin.

The acorns and leaf were loops.

The berry bunches are meandered.

Those are my projects. It's amazing what we quilters can think of for our scraps and leftovers.
Thanks for looking at my blog!
Don't forget to visit the rest of our bloggers this week!
Here's the entire list, in case you missed some on Monday and Tuesday.




30 comments:

  1. Beautiful fall mug rugs. I love using up all scraps, always. And of course I talk to myself while sewing, so no worries.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are so perfect for autumn, and your quilting looks so good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to talk to myself -- Sometimes I need expert advise!! Love your mug rugs - your quilting is fabrulous

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea to use up those small panels, Carol. Your quilting makes these mug rugs sing. Thank you for joining No Ring November!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fun way to use those small panels and they look so nice too as mug rugs.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The easy way worked perfect! This time of year it gets so busy and using the panels works great and is so quick! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great way to use those beautiful panel prints we love to collect! As for talking to myself while I sew, that's when I have the best conversations! LOL!!!! Welcome to the club.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Little panels are so fun to use for mug rugs! Yours are so nice - perfect for the upcoming holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your mug rugs. Reminded me I have some panels I could use too! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  10. There's no shame in your game! What a great & quick way to create something beautiful! I love gifting them! Affordable, easy to make and just so darn cute!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow. Your Mug Rugs are adorable. Very creative and your panels are perfect to turn into mug rugs. I love them all!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love them all! You're not alone! I talk to myself a lot since my husband passed away in June. I just hate the silence.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I talk to myself all the time when I am working. It helps my concentration and keeps me on track. Love your mug rugs, so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a great way to use those little extra panels. I like all 3. Thanks for the info on the FMQ, too.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your panel mug rugs are so beautiful with all the rich colors! Such a great way to use them. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  16. These are perfect for holiday get-togethers

    ReplyDelete
  17. Very lovely idea and they are just right for this time of year. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Very pretty and I love your quilting. The oak leaves are fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Fabulous Autumn mug rugs with these leftover panel pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh my, your mug rugs are just gorgeous - maybe too gorgeous to use. Perhaps they should be showcased on the wall!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love your idea to use panels - they turned out so pretty! xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Gosh your mug rugs are absolutely beautiful. Perfect autumnal colours.

    ReplyDelete
  23. of course we all talk to ourselves. we can count on the answers and the support we get from those conversations. Love how yours led to these beautiful mug rugs. Love each and every one of them.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Carol, I definitely talk to myself, my machine, my iron...anything that will listen (!) while I'm sewing! Your mug rugs are very, cute. I love the idea of using the left over panel parts! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Lovely mug rugs - so perfect for fall. Panel leftovers are certainly perfect for this.

    ReplyDelete
  26. A great way to use up left over bits of a panel and they have made gorgeous mug rugs.

    ReplyDelete