Wednesday, June 21, 2023

Doing some catching up

Thought I'd share my Shoreline Shells, block 5, a sea urchin.
Wow, did that take some time--paper piecing pattern had pieces from A - T with sometimes 16 or more parts to each piece. The shells will be in a circle when all 12 are done. As soon as I finish the blocks on Harrisonburg (through the VA Quilt Museum, Pat Sloan, and Wendy Shepherd), I will start on block 6. 

I made this purse and wallet for my hairdresser. Third purse I've made her. I don't usually make for others, but I will for her.
The table runner on the back of the chair is a kit from a shop in Nampa, ID.


I made this wallhanging with the elephant, hearts, and balloons last year as a part of Crafter's Edge Design Team. I thought my granddaughter Sydney would like it since she likes elephants. Well, she sure took it over, so I don't know if it will ever make it on a wall, but that's ok if it doesn't.


Finished Harmonic Convergence. I faced it instead of using regular binding.


It's summer and time for watermelon. Sydney is sure focused on something here. :)
Can't wait to see her and the rest of our grands this weekend!



 

6 comments:

  1. You've got a lot of lovely finishes there! And how cute is Sydney, love her sunhat! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blog post about catching up on projects is so relatable! Life gets busy, and finding time to indulge in our creative pursuits is always a rewarding challenge.
    promocodehq

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your commitment to getting back to your sewing projects is inspiring. Thank you for sharing your creative journey, and I look forward to seeing your finished projects.
    frugalishness

    ReplyDelete
  4. "I wanted to express my appreciation for your commitment to inclusivity. Your blog covers a wide range of perspectives and experiences, making it a welcoming space for readers from all walks of life. It's wonderful to see such diversity reflected in your content."
    https://savingcentstogether.com/promotions/heroforge-voucher-codes

    ReplyDelete
  5. "Hats off to your ability to break down complex ideas into relatable metaphors and analogies. Your knack for simplifying intricate concepts makes your blog accessible and enjoyable for readers of all backgrounds and levels of expertise."
    https://usepromos.com/how-to-get-vaseline-out-of-clothes/

    ReplyDelete
  6. The sincere way you catch up on life's stories is truly heartwarming. Imagining an ideal scenario, the playful notion of how to 'spend bill gates money' adds a touch of whimsy

    ReplyDelete