Tuesday, April 23, 2024

My Turn for April Showers

 

Another great hop is going on, thanks to Joan at Moosestash Quilting! Already we have seen some great projects!

I did a simple one for this challenge/hop. This is a Riley Blake pillow kit from a couple of years ago when they had a kit for each month. This one is April's with appropriate raindrops.
The raindrops are all foundation paper pieced. 
I love these kits--everything is furnished in them. I have done 5 or 6 and have 2 more to complete.
And, happily, I have 2 beige 20" pillows that these covers slip right onto! I can change them out seasonally or monthly. Love that!


These projects have nothing to do with April or rain, but I want to share them anyway. You saw the wallet last month.
I had a lot of left over waxed canvas and decided to make the Sandhill Sling bag with the rest of it.
It was not difficult to make and I love that these go together, but this wallet is really too big to fit easily in the bag. One of these days, I'll make a Mini Diva wallet to use in it...

Everyone enjoy the Hop!
Be sure to check out all the participants!

Monday April 22




12 comments:

  1. Gorgeous raindrop pillow. I love to change-out pillow covers with the seasons. Your little bags are really cute also.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your pillow with all those colorful raindrops! Very cool. Great sling bag too

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love those colorful raindrops! Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the raindrop pillow! Both projects are lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The raindrop pillow is really beautiful and bright...love it! I have a flower pillow by Riley Blake that I need to sew. They have such cute pillow kits and the boxes they come in are really nice. Sweet sling bag and wallet, too. Thanks for sharing, Carol!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your raindrop pillow, it sure to brighten up a rainy day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your pillow cover is lovely! So pretty!! The wallet and bag look fantastic as well!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the raindrop pillow! The wallet and bag are amazing! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. That raindrop pillow is outstanding! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your raindrop pillow! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a pretty raindrop pillow. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the bright and colorful colors on your pillow. A great project for the April showers theme!

    ReplyDelete