Monday, September 23, 2024

Bee Kind--My Turn

 

For my show and tell on this hop, I decided to get my shop hop quilt completed. 
The fabric of choice for the East Central Illinois Shop Hop in July was Honeycomb Gardens by Laura Berringer for Marcus Fabrics. Because of the bees, I was enamored with the fabric and ordered the kits for the 12 blocks. 

(It was a gorgeous day so I had my personal quilt holder display the quilt for me. LOL!)

There were 11 shops that participated in this hop, which means one shop provided 2 blocks. Three of us in the Cerro Gordo Quilters group had fun going to all but one shop in 2 days. I had visited the other shop (Stewart's Sewing in Mt. Zion, IL) myself the day before our big excursions.
Each shop provides a pattern and kit for a block--the pattern of the quilt is Are We There Yet by The Fabric Shop Network--and offers finishing kits based on those designs. This time, however, I wanted to just put the 12 blocks together with sashing and add borders. 
The outer border is Bee Grateful by Deb Strain for Moda. With a yellow binding from the shop hop fabric, my quilt was done.

I FMQed the quilt with loops and bees, hoping the loopy pattern looked like bees' paths through the air.



Can you find my bees in the quilting? :)

As far a being kind to others, our Cerro Gordo Quilters regularly do charity work. Last fall we made lots of Christmas stockings for the domestic violence shelter. We are making them again this year. Somehow, I missed taking a photo of the stockings, so I can't include one.
In August we made 12 drawstring backpacks to give to kids at school. The library put some school supplies in them and then gave them to the teachers to hand out. Again, I did not take a photo!!

A number of years ago I made this little pillows from a kit. I forget the designer but it may have been Rachel of Greenfield... They fit perfectly with this theme.

Always Bee Kind and thoughtful and have fun using bee fabric!
Thanks, Joan, for hosting this fun hop!

Here is the list of hoppers for the week. Be sure to visit them and Bee inspired!

Monday Sept 23


9 comments:

  1. Carol, your quilt is beautiful! I did find the bee you quilted and that cute fabric with the bees is perfect! The little pillows are sweet too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The fabrics in your quilt are calming, fresh, and look so beautiful in your design. Great quilting on it, too! Anyone would love to wrap up in that quilt. Those pillows are just the cutest, Carol! Thanks for sharing your "Bee Kind" sweetness with us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous quilt and I love your little pillows!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a bee-utiful quilt and yes, I can see your bees in the quilting motif! Putting the 12 blocks together with sashing makes a great looking quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I found at least two bees, and your quilt is simply buzzing with happy energy. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your quilt looks great!!! And yes, I could find the quilted bees! Very cute!

    ReplyDelete