Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Delightful Stars Blocks and Shopping

We were gone this past weekend so I couldn't get to my blocks for the Delectable Stars quilt-along. Yesterday after we got home, I got busy! The "practice" block is on the right. I like the purple and black but the brightness of the pinks and muslin is very pretty, if I do say so myself!
 
 
The week before, we were to practice paper piecing with a tutorial from Michele. My samples are in the photo below. I am going to make either a table runner or a wall hanging with them, I think. Haven't decided which.

 
My sister-in-law Denise and I went quilt shop hopping while I was there last weekend. Here is some of the fabric we bought that will be used in October when my aunt Harriette is hosting my cousin Lynette, Denise, and I for a quilt retreat of our own. We are going to sew log cabin blocks, enough for each of us to make a quilt. Yoo hoo! Should be loads of fun!

 
It's spring, even with the light dusting of snow overnight. The cardinals are busy with their mating/nesting routine. Redwing blackbirds are back, and the grackles are arriving in hoards. This cold weather can't last much longer!

No comments:

Post a Comment