Saturday, March 28, 2015

Completed projects

This wall hanging I designed based on the Pointed Poinsettias I learned how to do in a Quilt Club lesson. Some of us said this method would be pretty in sunflowers, so I drew my petals and leaves and went to work.
 
 
I put the border on and then FMQed the background with a flower design. Then I sewed on the flower petals.
There are 3 layers of petals--it took a long time to turn them right side out and press them. Maybe you can see the beads I sewed in the flower centers and the beads on the leaves.
I quilted straight lines around the border to make it look more like a picture frame.
I named it Jeweled Beauties.

 
Then I made a set of 16 placemats for my friend Tracy. This picture shows 8 of them.

 
I finished this table runner too. This was another Quilt Club lesson.

 
It is quilt-as-you-go and reversible. Here's the other side.

 
I'm in the middle of a baby quilt for my new grandbaby, due in early May, and I have also started working again on the East Central IL Shop Hop quilt from maybe 2012? I had half the blocks done. Now I have 1 more finished. There are 12 blocks.

No comments:

Post a Comment