Monday, October 8, 2018

Plugging along


Cerro Gordo Quilters made drain bags last week for mastectomy patients. Here are some of us. A total of 100 bags have been made and will be donated in our area. Thanks goes to Darlene, who recently had a mastectomy, and knows how important these are.



My most recent Merry and Bright block, #9, I believe. I also finished up all 18 setting blocks.


I took my 1953 Featherweight to get repaired and decided to refurbish the case.
Featherweightshop.com has a "how to" on refurbishing these black cases. Worked pretty well , I think, but the chrome latches were very icky and stubborn. They came out looking good, considering how bad they were. Now the case is ready for the machine to come home. The Featherweight Shop is a great site for all things Featherweight.

I only need to put the binding and label on my Thimbleberries adventure quilt. More on that when I finish it up (I hope today, but have to get ready for company too).

No comments:

Post a Comment