Sunday, December 12, 2021

Let It Snow with Crafter's Edge

 

My Crafter's Edge Design Team project for December is called Let It Snow.
This little wall hanging is about 30 x 30".

I made a companion piece too.


These 2 pieces use several dies from Crafter's Edge--a few are pictured below.


In addition, I used the 1 1/2 inch strip die, and all those letters you see in "Let it Snow." :)

All these shapes are easy-peasy to cut with this wonderful Crossover II machine:


Here's another look at the individual blocks:



I used one of the blanket stitches on my Janome 9400 to applique the pieces--all but the little black dots on the snowman and the little stars in the middle of the snowflakes--I left those alone.

It's pretty cool that the same dies for the snowman can be used for Santa. Santa's beard is Santa's and the snowman's hat! Some designer was pretty clever!

I was actually hoping the "Let it Snow" would be attached to the bottom of the first wall hanging, but that would have made the hanging a lot bigger than I wanted it to be, so I kept it as a separate banner, if you will. I'm not sure if I'll ever hang them side-by-side, but here's what that might look like:




Thanks, Crafter's Edge, for letting me on the 2021 design team!
It has been a wonderful experience that I hope will continue next year!





1 comment: