Thursday, December 9, 2021

Virtual Cookie Exchange--Fudge???

 


I am sharing about making fudge for this Virtual Cookie Exchange blog hop hosted by Carol of Just Let Me Quilt. 
Fudge, you say? I know, fudge and cookies are not the same, but our church women make lots of candy for the Christmas season, and this year, I needed to make the fudge. Now, I am not a fudge-eater, but anything for the cause, right?
And it was simple enough.
Here are the ingredients:
sugar, marshmallow creme, evaporated milk, vanilla, chocolate chips, and butter.
(Recipe to follow)

First, line a 9x9" pan with foil--saves cleanup and also helps with cutting the fudge.


Put the sugar, milk, and butter in a pan and cook, stirring constantly.


After it has cooked enough, up to soft ball stage, remove from heat, add chocolate chips and 


marshmallow creme, stirring until all is melted and mixed well. If it were up to me, I would add nuts at this point too, but when we sell to the public, we do not add the nuts.


Then add the vanilla and stir until it is mixed in.


Pour into the pan and let it set up well.


Then you can pull the entire block of fudge out of the pan, using the foil and cut into the size pieces you want. (I should have taken a photo of that part, but I did not.)
I cut mine into one inch pieces. 


My all time favorite candy to make is peanut clusters, and even though this a not a "pretty" picture of them, here are some I made, just Ghirardelli dark chocolate melting wafers and peanuts. YUM!!!



Fantasy Fudge

 3 cups sugar

¾ cup butter or margarine

2/3 cup evaporated milk

12 oz Baker’s semi sweet chocolate, chopped (12 oz chocolate chips)

1-7 oz jar marshmallow crème

1 cup chopped walnuts

1 teaspoon vanilla

Line 9-inch square pan with Reynolds Wrap® Aluminum Foil, with ends of foil extending over sides. Bring sugar, butter and evaporated milk to full rolling boil in 3-qt. saucepan on medium heat, stirring constantly. Cook 4 min. or until candy thermometer reaches 234°F, stirring constantly. Remove from heat.

Add chocolate and marshmallow creme; stir until melted. Add nuts and vanilla; mix well.

Pour into prepared pan; spread to cover bottom of pan. Cool completely. Use foil handles to lift fudge from pan before cutting into 1-inch squares.

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all!

Here is my Christmas wall hanging from Shabby Fabrics Year in Words:

(For whatever reason, my edited copy was not saved... !!!)


*****

Here are the rest of the wonderful bloggers this week--be sure to check them out!




20 comments:

  1. I don't make fudge either I prefer cookies, but your fudge looks so good I am tempted to give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carol that is my very favorite fudge recipe - it is wonderful! Thank you for posting it - a reminder that I need to include it in our gift trays! And my DIL makes that yummy peanut cluster candy every year, so I always count on some extra pounds this time of year. ;)
    Your wall hanging is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used to make fudge all the time, but I never eat it anymore either. What happens to us when we get old? LOL!!! I do have to say, you are singing my song with dark chocolate peanut clusters. Yummmmmmmmy! Your little quiltie is just too cute and perfect for the holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We will occasionally make fudge and this recipe sounds just like the one we use. We also use marshmallow cream. We make ours half chocolate and then top it with half Peanut Butter fudge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh yum, that fudge looks delicious, and your little wall hanging is very festive and fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your wall hanging is lovely and that fudge sounds wonderful! I need to make some this year for my family. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. My fudge recipe is the same except uses mini marshmallows! Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Carol, these are my kind of sweets! My grandmother always made fudge at Christmas but I've only made it a few times. Yours looks easy enough that maybe I won't ruin it. Nuts and chocolate are the best combo, for sure! Your wall hanging is as cute as can be...thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This fudge looks delicious! Thanks for the recipe. Your Shabby Fabrics wall hanging is so cute, too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your fudge looks yummy. My grandmother used to make fudge at Christmas all the time, my dad's favorite was divinity. Your wall hanging is very cute. Oh peanut clusters made of dark chocolate. Those look like they are to die for!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Carol! Oh yes, fudge for the holidays. I make it every year and now I make two different ones (one is a blondie). Peanut clusters . . . sound so good to me and so darn EASY. YES!! Gosh, I wish I had thought to make them when my dad was alive. He adored anything with peanuts in them, and if they were double-dipped in chocolate, all the better! Thanks for sharing. {{Hugs}} ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  12. I haven’t made fudge in years, but I’m tempted now.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love love love that wall hanging! And oh my, fudge.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you for sharing your lovely wall hanging. I'm not a fudge person either (probably because I can't eat nuts and never know where they're hiding.) However, the fudge recipe looks so easy and creates something so yummy...how can we not try annually to convert to being fudge-lovers?? I have a friend who makes it for every event...and I mean EVERY event! More power to her but it does feel especially appropriate for the winter holidays. Thanks for reminding me that it's an oldie but goodie recipe that is too often forgotten!! Wishing you much happiness and joy for Christmas and New Year's.

    ReplyDelete
  15. My husband's mom always made fudge so we got her recipes. I think I've made my weight in fudge over the years but always enjoyed every piece! Many Blessings for a Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Any sweet treat is a welcome recipe to me. Fudge included. It looks sooo good and so do those peanut clusters. I need to try dark chocolate with them. Great idea. That wall hanging is so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Carol your fudge sounds perfectly decadent and is sure to be a hit at your church function. Peanuts and Ghiradelli chocolate will definitely be a Fourier for my DH. What a sweet little wall hanging.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I do like fudge but just in tiny amounts... One of those 1" pieces would be plenty! But I am sure the fudge did well at the church function. Thanks for sharing, and have a wonderful Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love fudge! Yours looks yummy! Love your wall hanging too :) Thanks for sharing these goodies with us! xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. 'Love the quilt, and fudge. Thank you for the recipe.

    ReplyDelete