Sunday, March 6, 2022

Standing for Ukraine

 

Pat Sloan on her blog posted a pattern to help show our support of Ukraine and its people.
Pat is asking for a donation to UNICEF as "payment" for use of her pattern.
Here is my quilt--it's about 24 x 24.
I chose not to do much quilting, only stitch in the ditch and echoing around the center star.
My heart hurts for the Ukrainian people, but one small thing we can do is donate to good causes to give them some aid.

I finished my 2nd Susan K. Cleveland dresden project. The first one was in another post; this one is made with the leftover dresden blades, and the blades are quilted the same way Susan does. I need to press it all again, because in the quilting process the blades get creased, but I wanted to get this up for you to see.


Here is a look at the first and second project. I suppose I will give away the second one at some point. I can't imagine a time that I would want both displayed at once.


My daughter Sarah gave me a Gees Bend quilters puzzle for Christmas (which we just celebrated 2 weeks ago). Here is the finished puzzle. Daughter Natalie gave me puzzle trays that stack--very nice! So nice that I got another set. :)

Tomorrow is our annual Cerro Gordo Quilters retreat at Threads of Time in Danville, IL. We are SEW looking forward to it! I think there are 8 of us. Fun times for parts of 4 days and 3 nights!!







No comments:

Post a Comment