Friday, February 25, 2022

Hearts for February

I finished a project for February with heart dies from Crafter's Edge. I saw this project on Accuquilt, but I have the Crafter's Edge Nested Heart die set and wanted to use it. The way I arranged the hearts is rotated from the pattern, and it is several inches larger. I think the hearts are slightly larger too. My final project is about 34 x 34.
The center background piece, I think, was 28" square. Then I added the pink 1.5" inner border, a 2.5" outer border, and pink binding.


I'm not sure if you can see it, but I did straight stitch applique for the hearts and loops and hearts in the background. I also stitched in the ditch on the borders and did a loop to loop on the outer border. All of it was done on my sit down quilting machine, my Juki Miyabi QVP, using a light pink 50 wt thread.

Below are my leftover hearts--2 x 2.5" in size. 


Here is the Nested Hearts die set I used with the larger used ones on the left and the small unused die on the right.



The Crossover II is a great machine for cutting applique shapes, and the dies are easy to use. It sure beats cutting those shapes out by hand!

 

2 comments:

  1. I love Crafter's Edge die cuts too Carol! Your heart quilt is sweet. Since I went to QuiltCon last week, I got to meet Kayla and Mikala there. I got the 5 new die cuts too.

    ReplyDelete