Thursday, December 7, 2023

My Turn on the Cookie Hop


 Today is my turn to share on this annual eagerly-anticipated Cookie Exchange hosted by Carol of Just Let Me Quilt!

I tried two new recipes: First up is Christmas Bar Cookies from Spaceshipsandlaserbeams.com
Use the link to access the recipe, if it looks good to you. It is a version of blond brownies.
Beginning the mixing process: 

Adding in all the "goodies":

Ready for the oven:

Add more sprinkles to the top after baking, if desired, cool and eat:
YUM!!

Use the link for the recipe.
I looked for this recipe because of some shortbread cookies that we had at our church's district conference in November. There was chocolate and raspberry jam on the top of those--and they were cut into wedges-- and I had to make some.
Here is one pan out of the oven and covered with melted chocolate chips (it makes 2 pans).


I put raspberry jam on top of the chocolate on one pan of them and left the other pan just chocolate-topped and took them to my quilt group. Everyone ate the raspberry topped ones!

They were SO good! I'll be making these again.

I have some Christmas sewing projects in the works but nothing ready to show. In the meantime, enjoy 3 of my grands with Santa. I don't think little Sydney knew what was going on! She will be 2 years old on Dec. 26. Such a sweetie! (Ok, they all are!)

Enjoy the rest of the hop!
Here is the entire list for the week:

DECEMBER 4













10 comments:

  1. The confections look delicious! Thanks for sharing the recipies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well if you didn't share a big ole batch of yummy! Everything looks absolutely delicious! I love the name of the website you found the first recipe on. LOL!! Your grandies are so cute! Great photo with Santa.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everything looks delicious! Your grandchildren are adorable. Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Chocolate and raspberry jam on top of shortbread sound like a delicious combo to me. Yum! Blond brownies are among my many favorites, but I've never had them with M&Ms...something new to try this year. Thank you, Carol, for sharing these sweet treats and for being a part of this hop! xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing your new recipes!! They look delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both of your recipes sound delicious! The Christmas Bar Cookies are calling my name. Your granddaughters look so sweet! Thank you for the links to the recipes.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love, love shortbread cookies so this recipe is a keeper. Like how you made yours with a variety of toppings. And...who doesn't like M&Ms. That recipe looks scrumptious.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those recipes look yummy! I'll have to try them - thanks for testing them for us!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. The food looks delicious! Thank you for commenting on my project too.

    ReplyDelete