Thursday, February 22, 2024

It Moose Be Love--My Turn

 

Today is my turn for the It Moose Be Love hop hosted by Calico Joan of Moosestash Quilting.
No moose for me though...

I'll start with this paper pieced heart. The free pattern is from The Seasoned Homemaker.
I made 6 of them for a wall hanging, decided I didn't want 6 in the wall hanging and made 2 little pieces with individual hearts. After quilting them on my domestic machine, using these small projects, I taught my SIL how to face a quilt instead of using the traditional binding. This is hers in their condo.


Here is my wall hanging with 4 hearts.
It has the same purple border as the individual ones, and the quilting is the same around the hearts.
Most of my quilting is done on my sit-down long arm: a Juki Miyabi QVP. I wish I had room for a long arm on a frame, but I don't. I'm thankful I have this Juki!
I faced this wall hanging since I had no more purple for the binding. 😁


Jana, owner of my local quilt shop, Stewart's Sewing, made a Cassie's Cutie bag (by Marlous Designs) and I loved it--had to make my own. It's really small and great when you are doing touristy things, only needing some money, ID, phone. Then I made a mini Diva wallet to go with it--the regular sized wallets are too big. I actually made the wallet body twice. The directions said to use Decor Bond as the interfacing and that was entirely too thick and stiff. I couldn't get the wallet frame on the ends of the body. From now on, when I make these, I will use only my fusible lightweight interfacing! That worked great. You'll notice I used heart fabric to go with our theme (and I just noticed the hearts are upside down when the wallet is closed--lol). 😀



These cute little zipper bags are made from charm squares and are good coin purses. The tutorial is from SewCanShe and is called Tiny Zipper Bags. :)


I "moose" end now. 
Thanks for stopping by!
I hope you visit all the other bloggers this week.
Here is the list, in case you haven't visited and would like to.


13 comments:

  1. Great projects, thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What sweet projects you shared for the month of love. I love that cutie bag. You are all set to travel somewhere fun now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love everything hearts! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Goodness, Carol, you rocked the whole love thing for this blog hop...busy lady! Cassie's Cutie Bag is beautiful and definitely shows the love, especially with the little purse. I love your little mini's, too! Thanks for sharing all your pretties!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your wall hanging, bag and pouches are lovely! Enjoy using them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have created so many wonderful projects. The wallhangings are so pretty and the wallet and purse are just beautiful. Those pouches are so cute and practical.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your projects!!! Thank you for sharing!
    quilting gail

    ReplyDelete
  8. All cute projects. The fabrics are so colorful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful projects - I love your sister's block and your wall quilt - and then to do even more projects! The purse is fabulous - I love my little ones when I want to be unencumbered by an overstuffed purse. Little zips are always a win!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice heart quilt. I love the quilting. Your bags and pouches are lovely too.

    ReplyDelete