Wednesday, July 6, 2022

July and Crafter's Edge

 

My July project as part of the Crafter's Edge Design Team is a doll quilt.
This little quilt is about 23 x 23". 


I used 2 different dies: the Half Square Triangle and the Nesting Hearts.
Here are some of the triangles cut out. I made more than enough triangles because I wasn't sure exactly how many pinwheel squares I wanted to make. I might use those for another project.

The hearts I used were leftover from another project, and they worked perfectly on this one.


The hearts and triangles were cut out using the Crossover II, Crafter's Edge cool cutting machine.


I usually cut 4 layers of fabric at a time, although you can cut up to 6.

I took a closeup photo of the quilting and was pleased with myself when I decided to add the word "Love" in the quilting at the bottom. It's still kind of hard to see, but it's there.
Oh, and the stripes for the binding--I was lucky to have this perfect striped fabric in my stash! Thanks to Carol Swift of Just Let Me Quilt for her striped binding inspiration!!


So here is Raggedy Ann modeling the quilt for us. 
Someday my youngest granddaughter will get this doll quilt (she's only 6 months old now).


Thanks, Crafter's Edge, for letting me me on the Design Team!!











2 comments: