Tuesday, November 15, 2022

Music, music, music

 Today is my turn to show the musical projects I have created. Thank you, Carla, of Creatin' in the Sticks, for hosting this hop. Yesterday I saw some fabulous projects, and I'm eager to see everyone else's!


I am upset with myself for not being able to finish my project, but with life getting in the way, it just didn't quite happen. 
This is The Piano Quilt, designed by Pam Booras. It's about 30 x 30".
I have the inside all quilted but couldn't get to the border or the binding. Being gone all weekend long didn't help.  At least you can see what I've done so far. 

The quilting is a flower design, maybe kind of like roses?? I will be making a 3-D red rose to sit on the piano after I finish quilting and binding it.


I play the piano but I don't have a grand. When I saw this pattern several years ago, I had to have it, and when Carla announced this hop, I knew what I would make. It will be done in another day or 2. :)

I have done a few other musically themed things in the past:


This musical 3-panel number sits on my piano sometimes, especially around Valentine's Day.


The above is from DIY (Frond Designs) in Webster Grove, MO--a row by row the year the theme was music. Sadly, that shop isn't open anymore, but Frond Designs is alive and well in Iowa.


I made up this Amazing Grace panel several years ago for our church district auction, and then made another to hang in my own church.

Don't forget to visit everyone else and see what they've been up to!





24 comments:

  1. Your piano quilt is awesome. It will look great with a red rose on it. Love your other projects as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No need to beat yourself up about not getting the binding on. We all have those kind of times and it's nice to know we are not the only ones behind sometimes. Your piano is gorgeous and a rose on it, is going to be the icing on the cake, so to say! What a great addition to your 3 panel piece too! Thanks for sharing your love of music with us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This will be amazing when you finish (although it already is amazing). I love the borders and the 3D rose will really set it off. WOW, this is great. Thank you for sharing the pattern name and designer. I may have to give it a try sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your quilt looks great, and you'll get the binding on. I like that little red border peeking through!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The quilt is already beautiful and I can imagine how it will look even more beautiful with the rose on it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a perfect project - a piano is ideal for a music hop. This is a busy, busy time of year so I'm not surprised that you didn't quite finish it. Thanks for sharing that you'll be adding the flower at the end - what a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my, this is gorgeous! Life gets in the way for all of us sometimes, but I'm so glad you posted what you had done. It really is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great music themed quilts, all of them. I think they are all lovely. Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. All your projects are lovely, but I'm especially drawn to the three piece one that stands on you piano. So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your piano and the three panel staff. Just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This quilt will be great for you as a piano player.

    ReplyDelete
  13. All very pretty quilts. Sometimes my project is not completely finished either, but it is still fun to see the progress.

    ReplyDelete
  14. You will have your own "grand" soon......looking forward to seeing the finished product.

    ReplyDelete
  15. That is a a beautiful piano! I also love seeing your other musical quilts! Good luck finishing it.

    ReplyDelete
  16. wow your projects are all gorgeous. thanks for sharing and inspiring. we are a musical household ourselves.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful piano quilt! You'll get it done soon!!! And a rose will be perfect on it!

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a beautiful quilt! Do you still play the piano? I find that it is very relaxing after a long day at work. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is a really beautiful quilt, well actually all of your quilts are stunning. My favorite is your Amazing Grace Panel.

    ReplyDelete
  20. The quilt is beautiful. In fact, all of the pieces you have shared are amazing! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Gorgeous quilts! Your grand piano quilt is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love the piano quilt - it has been on my radar. It will look so lovely with a beautiful dimensional rose on it! Cute panels as well.

    ReplyDelete
  23. These are great projects! I really love the piano quilt with the rose!

    ReplyDelete