It's done. My own grand piano. :)
I quilted a piano key border and then made the rose, leaves, and stem according to the directions in the pattern. I'm not really pleased with the rose or the leaves, but there they are, and they look pretty good from a distance.
Here's a closer look. Maybe I needed more length for the rose, but I really think the trouble was my fingers and hands, not the rose itself. It was hard to stitch it together underneath. And I seriously don't like the leaves. If I do them over again, I will cut out the leaf shapes, stitch front and back together, turn them right side out, and then slip them under the stem. I made a black binding, as the pattern directed, although I pondered a red one. Then I decided red might distract too much from the piano itself, so black it is.
Overall, I'm happy with it, and with all the projects I have lined up to do, the leaves will probably never get redone. LOL.
What a beautiful finish! This is such a creative pattern. Every grand piano should have a rose laying atop it. Happy quilting! -AndreaReplyDelete